What is my greatest desire and need as a Christian?

0

TWO MINUTE DAILY SPIRITUAL DEVOTION

"Two things I ask of you, LORD; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me ONLY my daily bread."
(Proverbs 30:7,8, NIV)

REFLECTION:
What is my greatest desire and need as a Christian?

What do I pray for or what do I want God to give me in life?

Am I content with what God has so graciously given me, or have I allowed the world to influence me to desire for MORE?

ACTION POINT:
My prayer is for wisdom to recognize that both riches and poverty can become obstacles to my relationship with God.

And for me to realize that neither those proud about their riches nor those bitter about their poverty can serve the Lord with joy.

My greatest need is not to pray for more prosperity, but to willingly and faithfully seek God's will and let Him provide all my needs and live the life He has chosen for me.

I will have to settle for a certain kind of life – a life in which not I but God is central, a life in which I seek first the Kingdom and its righteousness. After all, JESUS alone can fill the deepest longings of my heart.


Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)
To Top