Engage My Family to Jesus

0


"And you shall repeat them diligently to your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house, when you walk on the road, when you lie down, and when you get up." (Deuteronomy 6:7, NASB)


REFLECTION:

  1. What should I stop and what should I start with my family or disciples?
  2. How can I improve on the relationships God has entrusted to me? What can I do to help restore any broken relationship in my life today?
  3. What can I do to be more intentional in discipling my family, friends, and relationships?


ACTION POINT:

In Deuteronomy 6, God gives clear instructions to His people on how to pass down His commandments to the next generation. Every family is a discipleship opportunity, a place where faith is nurtured and passed on. To engage my family, I shall follow the three M.R.I. Principles:


The Principle of Modeling: Children naturally copy what they see. Whether our actions are good or bad, they tend to follow our example. In 1 Corinthians 11:1, Paul says, "Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ." Knowing that my actions speak louder than words, I will strive to model Christ-like behavior in my home and be a living example of His teachings.


The Principle of Relationship: The closer our relationships with our family members, the more influence we have in their lives. When we build strong, loving connections, we create a foundation of trust and respect. I will make an effort to strengthen my relationship with each family member by being more present and involved, so that I can help guide them on their spiritual journey and encourage them to grow in their faith.


The Principle of Intentionality: Good results in discipleship don’t happen by accident—they are the result of deliberate actions. Deuteronomy 6:7 reminds us to diligently teach God's commandments to our children. I will be intentional about creating opportunities for spiritual growth within my family. Whether it's through family devotions, attending church together, or simply talking about God's word in our daily lives, I will actively lead my family towards a deeper relationship with Christ.


I shall live out my faith in a way that is visible, intentional, and relational, so that I can ENGAGE MY FAMILY and help us grow together in His love!



Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)
To Top