Intimacy with Jesus and Ministry

0

 



It's important to understand the significance of doing things for God with His presence and guidance, emphasizing intimacy with Jesus in all aspects of ministry. This principle is deeply rooted in Scripture and highlights the need for a personal relationship with God that guides our actions and ministry.


Insights

  1. The Necessity of Abiding in Christ

    • John 15:4-5: "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."
      • Jesus emphasizes that true fruitfulness in ministry comes from abiding in Him. Without His presence and guidance, our efforts are in vain.
  2. Doing Things with God, Not Just for God

    • Matthew 7:21-23: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'"
      • This passage warns against doing ministry without a genuine relationship with Jesus. Knowing Christ personally is paramount, beyond merely performing works in His name.
  3. Intimacy with God Fuels Effective Ministry

    • Psalm 27:4: "One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple."
      • David’s desire to dwell in God’s presence and seek Him continually shows that intimacy with God is the foundation of a meaningful life and ministry.
  4. God’s Presence as the Source of Strength and Guidance

    • Exodus 33:14-15: "And he said, 'My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.' And he said to him, 'If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here.'"
      • Moses recognized the absolute necessity of God’s presence for leading the Israelites. Without God’s presence, he refused to proceed, highlighting that effective ministry relies on God's guidance.
  5. The Role of Prayer and Communion with God

    • Mark 1:35: "And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed."
      • Jesus Himself modeled the importance of withdrawing to pray and seek God’s presence, showing that intimacy with the Father was essential even for His ministry.


Reflection Questions

  1. Personal Relationship with God

    • How am I cultivating my personal relationship with Jesus daily?
    • In what ways am I abiding in Christ as I serve in ministry?
  2. Motivations for Ministry

    • Am I performing ministry tasks out of obligation or out of a deep love and connection with Jesus?
    • How can I ensure that my ministry is an overflow of my intimacy with God?
  3. Seeking God's Presence

    • How often do I seek God’s presence and guidance before making decisions in ministry?
    • What steps can I take to prioritize God’s presence in my daily activities and ministry efforts?
  4. Evaluating Ministry Efforts

    • Are there areas in my ministry where I have been operating in my own strength rather than relying on God’s power?
    • How can I make space for God to lead and empower my ministry activities?


By focusing on these insights and reflecting on these questions, we can ensure that our ministry is not just for God but with God, rooted in a deep, abiding relationship with Jesus. This intimacy is the foundation for a fruitful and effective ministry that truly honors and glorifies God.



Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)
To Top